1. In your Blackboard course, click on a content area and then Build Content > TechSmith Relay.
2. Type a name for your video.
3. Optional: If you choose to enable grading for this video, select Yes under Enable Evaluation and enter a point value. This will automatically create a column in Grade Center.
4. Click Submit.
5. A link with the name you entered in Step 2 will be created. Click the link.
6. Click Launch Capture.
7. If this is your first time using the software, click Download, install the software, and then click Relaunch. If you need assistance, please contact the IT Help Desk.
8. If prompted, click Open TechSmith Capture.
9. TechSmith Capture will launch with the following options:
- Webcam (optional) – Off by default. Click to select and enable your webcam.
- Capture – Click once you are ready to record and select your screen size.
10. Select fullscreen or region of screen, depending on your operating system:
Windows users – Click Fullscreen to record your entire screen or click, hold, and drag to select a portion of your screen.
Mac users – Click anywhere on your screen to record fullscreen or click, hold, and drag to select a portion of your screen
11. Click 🔴 to begin recording. A countdown timer will start (3, 2, 1).
12. You are now recording. A small toolbar will appear on the bottom-right of your screen. Click the ⏸ button to temporarily stop the recording or when you are done.
13. A toolbar will appear towards the bottom of the screen. Click the ⬛️ button when you are done recording.
14. Review your video and click Upload.
15. A progress bar will display for your media. Click Close once it finishes.
16. Return to Blackboard and click Close.
17. Click the Add Media button next to your video.
18. Your video will be now accessible by clicking on the link from Step 5. Click the content area name link to go back to the regular course view.