- Prepare iClicker Classic software for first use
- Add your course
- Adjust your settings
- Setup Blackboard integration
1. To add your course in the iClicker software, click on +Create.
2. Type your course name. The name will be visible to you only. Click Create when finished.
3. You will see your newly created course. Click on your course to select it and then click Settings.
4. Under the General tab:
- A – Instructor Remote ID: Type the 8-character alpha-numeric ID, located on the back of the blue instructor remote.
- B – Welcome Message: An optional, short welcome message that your students will see on their clicker device.
- C – Frequency Code: Radio frequency code to communicate with the student remotes. Leave as AA unless another instructor within proximity is using iClicker at the same time.
Note: If you change to another frequency code, students will need to change the code on their remote.
5. To add your course, select the Gradebook tab and then click Select Course.
6. Type your Blackboard credentials, check Save my credentials and automatically log me in to my LMS, and click Log In.
7. You will see a list of your Blackboard courses. Choose your course and then click Select.
8. Verify that your course appears next to LMS Course. Under Export and upload options, choose if you want 0 point scores and absent scores to be counted as zero or null in your Blackboard Grade Center.
9. Click the Toolbar tab to set size and timer options.
- A – Customize Toolbar: Choose the toolbar size that will appear on your screen when administrating a quiz to your students.
- B – Polling Timer
- Count up from 0 seconds – Polling does not end until manually stopped.
- Count down from (min:sec) – Sets a timer for each question and students must submit their answer before time expires or manually stopped.
10. Click the Scoring tab.
- A – Participation Points
- Assign session participation points and criteria for students to earn those points. Set to 0 if you do not want to give participation points.
- B – Performance Points
- Assign points for responding and correct responses. The default is 0 points for responding and 1 point for a correct response.
- You can assign partial credit by assigning points for responding and points for the correct response. For example, if a question is worth 1 point, you can enter .50 in Points for responding and .50 in Points for correct response. This will give students ½ point for responding incorrectly, and ½ point for responding correctly. Each question is worth the total of both point values.
- You can also set a maximum amount of performance points for each session by checking the Limit the total performance points earned in a session to a maximum of and entering a point value.
11. Click Save when finished.