Using LockDown Browser for Online Exams
This course requires the use of LockDown Browser. The webcam feature, also known as Respondus Monitor, will not be used. Watch this short video to get a basic understanding of LockDown Browser. A student Quick Start Guide (PDF) is also available.
Then download and install LockDown Browser from this link:
To ensure LockDown Browser is set up properly, do the following:
- Start LockDown Browser, log into Blackboard, and select this course.
- Locate and select the Help Center button on the LockDown Browser toolbar.
- Run the System & Network Check. If a problem is indicated, see if a solution is provided in the Knowledge Base. Troubleshooting information can also be emailed to our institution’s help desk.
- Exit the Help Center and locate the practice quiz named [NOTE TO INSTRUCTOR: CREATE A BRIEF PRACTICE QUIZ AND INSERT NAME OF QUIZ HERE; IF NECESSARY, INCLUDE LOCATION OF QUIZ].
- Upon completing and submitting the practice quiz, exit LockDown Browser.
When taking an online exam that requires LockDown Browser, remember the following guidelines:
- Ensure you’re in a location where you won’t be interrupted
- Remain at your computer for the duration of the test
- If the computer or networking environment is different than what was tested above, repeat the System checks prior to starting the test
- Remember that LockDown Browser will prevent you from accessing other websites or applications; you will be unable to exit the test until all questions are completed and submitted.