I am experiencing the error “This browser requires permission to establish a session” when viewing video through Blackboard.
This error most commonly will occur when cookies are disabled or blocked in the browser. For details on enabling cookies in your browser please see the site here.
If you are getting the error when viewing in the Google Chrome browser, please try the steps below:
- Open Chrome and go to your Settings
- Go to Content Settings > Cookies
Optional: You may want to take a screenshot or make note of the settings you see here in case you need to revert to this state.
- Click on the Add button next to the Allow section
- Enter the following value: [*.]techsmithrelay.com or [*.]knowmia.com
- Retry again to see if you still get the same message
We have found that disabling the option to Prevent Cross Site Tracking can help with this issue, from the steps below:
- Click on Safari in the top left part of the screen, then choose Preferences > Privacy
- Disable the option “Prevent Cross Site tracking” and refresh the page
If the suggestions above does not help, please open a ticket with the Technical Support team so we can troubleshoot your issue further. You can open a support ticket from the following link .