- Record a video with the Classic Recorder
- Note: If you are planning to record in a classroom, verify that TechSmith Relay is installed prior to recording your first lecture. To request a TechSmith Relay installation, please contact the IT Help Desk at (310) 243-2500 or submit a ticket.
1. If necessary, connect a USB microphone or webcam to computer. If you are using a laptop, it most likely has a built-in mic and webcam.
2. Launch TechSmith Relay and click Log In. A browser window will open and you may be asked to sign-in with your CSUDH credentials.
3. Return to the TechSmith Relay app after signing-in. Enter a Title and optional Description.
4. Click Audio. Select your microphone by clicking on it and click OK when finished.
5. Optional: Click Camera to record your webcam. If you are not using a webcam, skip to Step 8.
6. Select a webcam or click No Camera if you change your mind.
7. If a webcam is selected, the video feed will appear on the bottom right of the Recording Preview window.
8. Open your lecture content (PowerPoints, videos, websites, photos, etc.) for your recording so it is visible on your computer screen. Click the Record button to begin recording.
9. A countdown timer will start and recording will begin once the timer and windows minimize.
You are now recording so begin your lecture or presentation.
10. If you need to pause or stop the recording, locate and click the Relay icon on your computer.
11. Once you stop recording, review you recording and make changes to the title or description. Click Submit to publish your presentation.
12. Your presentation will be submitted to the CSUDH TechSmith Relay server for processing. A browser window will open so you can view the status. Follow the directions displayed.
13. You will receive an email once your presentation has been published. Click View to watch.