Lecture capture is the process of recording video and audio content for your course. By recording your voice and computer screen, you can create videos based on your lectures for students.
TechSmith Knowmia (formerly TechmSmith Relay) is a presentation capture tool that simplifies the process of creating lecture capture videos.
Create a lecture capture video using content like:
- PowerPoint presentations
- Word documents
- Excel spreadsheets
- Website articles
- YouTube videos
Once your recording is complete, you can post it on Blackboard and create a quiz within your video.
- USB Microphone or built-in microphone
- The Blue Snowball iCE Microphone is a great, affordable choice.
- Webcam (optional)
- Windows 7 or above
- macOS 10.12 (Sierra) or above
If you do not have the required equipment, you may be able to request an equipment loan by contacting:
Instructional Media Services (IMS)
- Record and Post to Blackboard
- Add Quizzing to Presentation
- Add YouTube Video to Library
- Captioning and Subtitles
- Record on Mobile Devices
- Using the Classic Recorder
- Upload Existing Media
- Training Webinar Resources
- Sign-up for Training Webinars